This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

This morning I put Doomie's camera, a heap of books and Taco (my axoltol*)'s tank in my suitcase. I put Taco in a small, transparent bucket.

Before I left I went to Grandma and Uncle Mike's house. Uncle Mike was still asleep when we left at 12:3o pm.

At the train station I ran into Glen G, a guy from Fairhills who I didn't get along with at all for the first two years, probably because he liked yo beat people like me up. But in year 12 most people got over stuff like that, I guess. Glen's joined the army reserve and has started an IT course at Swinburne this year.

When I got to Ballarat I got on the bus. There were some American or Canadian students who asked me where to get off to go to the uni, and I told them there was a stop actually at the uni. Then they asked what Taco was.

When I got home I saw that all Shaft's stuff was now in the spare room with Twinkles' fridge**. He's staying at the Bach Pad until he finds somewhere permanent.
I filled Taco's tank up, and installed the pump, then put Taco in. She seems to have survived the trip fine.

Caught the bus to the church for the first night of small groups. Erin's back from all over the place.
As I said, Matt and I are leading the younger boys' group. Tonight we only got two kids, Josh (Giles and Mel's brother) and Matt W, but Matt W says his brother and one of his friends are coming next week.

*Nahuatl (Aztecese) pronunciation: 'ah-sholl-ockl' (the 'tl' is like a Welsh 'll', if that helps any)
Anglicised pronunciation: 'axel-ottle'
**Twinkles' fridge has been turned off since March 2oo2, and still has 'food' in it, because Twinkles couldn't be bothered cleaning it out or taking it with him when he moved out. Mouth has suggested leaving it on his lawn. Apparently his brother Steve's picking it up some time.