This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Sunday, February 02, 2003

    Matthew 11:28-3o
    'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden light.'
This morning there was no hot water, but I still had a shower*.
After breakfast we had some time for worship, and then Giles did a session on seeking God, listening to Him and obeying. He was originally going to do it last night, but he wasn't feeling well and had to go to bed early.
We packed up all our stuff while Greggy, Matt and Giles cooked some meat on the barbeque for lunch.
During lunch we decided to have dinner at Tab's before the prayer meeting tomorrow night. We're each going to cook a meal for someone else.
After lunch we cleaned up, and headed back to Ballarat. Except for Carin, who headed for Dandenong.

We started practice for the youth service at about 5:oo pm. I decided to cut 'Everyday' from the order of service because Mel (piano) and Harvey (guitar) don't really know it well enough yet, and we didn't have enough time to practice it properly.
The service went well, except that we'd forgotten to ask anyone to do the overheads or offering, but we kind of sorted that out during the service.
After the service they had the café open. After the café closed I went with Mouth, Heather, Dave Who Is Not Called A Doctor, Tab, Stacey, Adam and Ruth to a certain fast-food franchise on Bakery Hill**. It was about 11:3o pm†. The security guard eventually kicked us out because they were closing.

*In a can.
**This narrows it down to one of three possibilities.
†And that leaves only one.