This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

    Jonah 2:2b-6 (NIV)
    'In my distress I called to the Lord,
    and he answered me.
    From the depths of the grave I called for help,
    and you listened to my cry.
    You hurled me into the deep,
    into the very heart of the seas,
    and the currents swirled around me;
    all your waves and breakers,
    swept over me.
    I said, "I have been banished
    from your sight;
    yet I will look again
    toward your holy temple."
    The engulfing waters threatened me,
    the deep surrounded me;
    seaweed was wrapped around me head.
    To the roots of the mountains I sank down;
    the earth beneath barred me forever.
    But you brought my life up from the pit,
    O Lord my God.'
Last night when I got home there was a note from Mouth saying the carpet people were coming at 1o:3o am to replace the carpets, so I've moved all my stuff into the spare room (which isn't getting new carpet). I was just starting to move Mouth's stuff into Garry's room (no new carpet for Garry) when the carpet person (note singular) came and said he was just measuring the floors today, and might not be actually replacing the carpets until Monday.