This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Monday, February 10, 2003

This morning my father's second tax return arrived, and Mum took it to Centrelink, who said my money would 'go straight through'.

Today the carpet people came back again and put in the new carpets, which are grey. I actually liked my old carpet, which had different coloured stripes, more even though though it has a hole in it and a lump of plastic melted onto it.
They had to move the big cupboard out of my room, and there were some old, brown socks and a PE course handbook from 1996 in there, all covered in cobwebs, so I'm guessing it hadn't been moved in a while.
Also, the floor under Mouth's carpet was all burnt.

This afternoon I went to the bank. My account was empty, so I went to Centrelink and asked why. It turns out that when they say the money will 'go straight through' they actually mean overnight, 'so I [the Centrelink lady] wouldn't expect it to come though till Wednesday.'

Tonight, after work, I went to the youth prayer meeting, which was combined with the senior one tonight.
Apparently the intercessors were worried about our church's name, because Wendouree means, 'Go away!' and is a pretty impolite way of saying it to. So we spent some time praying about that.