This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Well, as you can see from yesterday's first post, I'm back in Ballarat. Got home about 1:30pm Friday. Went to sleep about 4:30 pm and didn't wake up until 9:30am Saturday. I think that's the longest I've ever slept. It's 'cause I only got about two hours the night before.

Spent Saturday hanging out with Shaft. We listened to one of his Bible college lectures (over the net) about campus evangelism. Then we went into town 'cause Shaft wanted to get some new jeans with some money his parents sent him.
In town we ran into Paul from Rhinosaur (formerly Jonah). Said we'd probably be at the SMB gig (supporting bands: Sounds Like Chicken and Rogue) on Saturday. Paul said, 'You mean, "Definitely."' I realised later that I can't go - advanced leadership training weekend (for beach mission) at BCV (Bible College of Victoria) in Melbourne.

After tea (sosijiz and vegetables) we went to Harvey and Mary's place. They'd invited over for supper some of us young people; and the YWAM (Youth With A Mission) team (including Our Dave) who're staying in the Chapel the next two weeks before their three months in Nepal.

Sunday morning Shaft, Micky, Heather, Carin and I got welcomed into membership at church. There was no sermon - instead we were each asked to share what God's done in our lives. For me that was sharing how he healed me of major depression.

Sunday afternoon Trav got back from Bendigo, and Nathe left for Geelong. (Nathe's found an electrical traineeship there, which he started on Monday. He'll be back on weekends.)

Last night when I got home (after work and the youth ministry team meeting) I'd gotten a package in the mail. It's from Gary Rucci, a pastor at Southside Christian Church in Adelaide. It's a book he said he'd send me (after he spoke at Students for Christ conference), called Making God Famous. I've read about one third. More about it later.