This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Friday, July 11, 2003

Conference and Melbourne Super Week

Conference was absolutely fantastic! The best week so far this year. Here's what I got out of it:

    renewed vision in regards to my career - just have to make sure I don't lose it again thinking it's just out of my head
    renewed vision in regards to Camp St - since there's officially no Christian group there we're going to start the ball rolling with a Tuesday morning prayer meeting each week, starting week 1
    met this guy called Terrence, who went to Fairhills, but left the same year I started, and was friends with the same people as me
    being around other passionate Christians 24 hours a day; having worship and sermons three times a day; next to no sleep; and great food is just fantastic
    lovely scenery


Friday night I travelled down to Melbourne with Emily for the allnighter fundraiser (for Warrnambool beach mission) at Dark Zone in Box Hill.
Walked to Box Hill Station at 7am Saturday morning. Caught train to Boronia Station. Walked to parents' place in Ferntree Gully, arriving at about 9:30.
Slept most of the day.

Sunday morning went to my parents church, where I used to go. A few people said hello and then said that they didn't like either my long hair, my goatee, my black nails or a combination of the three. Mum said I'm not allowed to see Grandma unless I remove the nailpolish, but I can undertand why - Grandma would have said nothing to me, but given her Hell.
Sunday night went to church again. Boring. All of my old friends have quit, and I see why. Things are changing though...

Monday afternoon at Knox City I ran into Kate, who i pretty much haven't seen since the end of year 12. She was moving house this week. I also bought a new pair of pants (dark green cargoes) and a new pair of shoes. I've had the shoes I've been wearing over a year now, and they're falling apart.
Monday afternoon I went over to Laz's, and we went for a walk.
Found out that Phil's been sacked from the dairy (where Laz also works) for stealing, and is lucky he's not in gaol. Apparently he was turning up to work only once a week, but writing down on his time sheet that he'd been there all week. He has to work somewhere else till he can pay back what he stole from them.
We called in at LilYoda and Mandi's place. They've been living together about four months ago, with Mandi's baby, Reegan, who she had with her ex. Mandi's redoing her VCE. LilYoda's working at a restaurant as a chef.

On Tuesday it was my brother Justin's 14th birthday. Got him this paint pens he wanted from the art shop.
Went over to James' place and watched his more recent films, listened to music, and then went to Deakin so he could return some books. Deakin in Burwood's a strange looking campus. It has some really nice buildings and some shocking buildings. But that's better than being a completely horrible campus, like ACU in Fitzroy.

On Wednesday night I went over to Leigh's place (next street from my parents'). He's been working as a systems analyst at Sensis this semester as part of his course. And he's going to see Matchbox 20 next week.

Spent most of Thursday doing homework. Also went and saw my Grandma.
Met some friends from high school and my old church at the Pool Room in the evening.
Got home at 2:30am and talked to Beanie (who's in Perth, WA at the moment) for about an hour on MSN.

Later this morning I'm catching the train home. I'm hoping to get some sleep first.