This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Thursday, June 26, 2003

Yesterday was, surprisingly, really sunny. Scotty didn't believe me when I told him because he didn't get up until 5pm, after staying up until 5am playing on Nathe's PS2.

Last night we (all the young people from the church) went to Ray (our pastor) and Brigetta (our pastor's wife)'s place for tea.
It was Trav G (Erin's little brother)'s last night with us, so Scotty had tried to write his name on a cake in icing. It kind of looked like it said 'Trav'. A few people make speeches and we prayed for him.
And Harvey showed a video on short-term missions. We're hoping to have fifteen people from the youth ministry on short-term missions this summer. Last year it was eight, I think.
Brigetta leant me this book by Philip Yancey called The Bible Jesus Read, which is about the Torah (Old Testement) and Jewish culture.

Today I went op shopping because I thought I should have more than two pairs of pants*. Scored:

    1 pair cords, dark blue, $5
    1 t-shirt, light grey, to be printed onto, $3
    1 wire CD rack, $3.50
Also changed my subjects for next semester. Instead of doing Editing 2B at SMB I'll be doing Myths & Symbols A & B off campus. This will mean I'll have to spend less time at SMB being 'taught' by a 'teacher' who's totally untrained in education** and doesn't know the meaning of personal space†.

I also went to the library. They had nothing by James Joyce or Julio Cort?zar. But I managed to find The Autumn of the Patriarch, by Gabriel Garc?a M?rquez.

And as you can see above, the new version of blogger (which just kicked in) can't handle accents. Not happy!

*This is partly due to me turning my jeans into what Al calls 'pirate pants' and my navy cargos into what Devo called 'animal pants' and became animal shorts after a couple of mosh pit incidents.
**TAFE teachers don't have to be trained in education. They just need to be experienced in the industry, although the particular teacher I have problems with can't be that experinced in editing as she's always saying, 'Did I spell that right...?' when the answer's obviously, 'NO!'
†Enough said.