This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Monday, March 03, 2003

Heather picked me up on Friday after Photography (which was great, by the way). We met up with Dave, Shaft, Tab, Kelly, Matt and Dan at the Bakery Hill IGA, I got in Dave's car with Shaft, and we all headed for Melbourne.
We were supposed to arrive in Belgrave by 6:30pm. I think we got there about 8pm. We didn't get the tents properly put up till about 10:30pm. When we were finished, Shaft and I ran to the auditorium to try and catch the end of the Ambassador77 set. We got there about 20 seconds before it finished. We were not happy.
However, Saturday night we got to see Spoonfed, who were great; and Sons of Korah, who were simply amazing.
There were a number of speakers, who had a lot of good stuff to say, although some of them weren't really very good at saying it, I thought. Sounded liek they were talking to ten-year-olds. John Dickson talked about Jonah, and how self-righteous he was. I also went to a short seminar on refugees.

On the way back to Ballarat, we stopped at my parents' place in Ferntree Gully, so we could pick up my scanner. We're going to plug it into Dave's computer so we can use it for Soul Purpose, the youth group magazine, which I'll be taking over when Dave starts his YWAM (Youth With A Mission) internship in Melbourne next month.

Last night was the first Sunday of the month, so we had a youth service, led by myself and Greggy. Giles did the sermon, on seeking, listening to and obeying God. It all went pretty well.

Because the weekend was so busy, and I didn't get much sleep (partly due to our tent leaking) I slept in heaps this morning. I also had to pay full-fare on the bus because my concession card expired on Friday and I can't afford a new one yet. I also can't afford rent yet, but will be able to pay Devo back on Thursday. The main reason I've got money problems at the moment was that I had to pay a service fee to the uni on Friday, and didn't find out until about a week before because they keep sending all my mail to my parents' place still, and my parents have to send it on.