This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Tuesday, February 25, 2003

The youth prayer meeting last night was pretty emotional.
I'd known something bad was going on Sunday night, but I wasn't sure what. Turned out someone from the youth group'd made some pretty serious allegations about two of the leaders, and a lot of people were upset, particularly the people this person told. Fortunately those two people went to Harvey (the youth director for the four Baptist churches in Ballarat) and he was able to sort things out as best he could before they got any more out of hand.Unfortuantely the person who made the allegations is feeling pretty isolated now, and thinks everyone hates them.

Today Shaft* is moving out of the Bach Pad**. He moved in about two weeks ago when he arrived back in Ballarat from Sale, after staying with his parents for the 'holidays'. He's moving in with Russ (who lived at the Bach Pad last year) and Bussy.

This morning I went to Centrelink to tell them what I've earnt over the last three weeks - even though I'm supposed to do it fortnightly. Oh well... They said my Youth Allowence shouldn't get lowered again.
I also took Short Story - An Introduction to the Students and Apprentices Association (SAA) at SMB, to see if they can sell it, since it cost me a whole $80 last year (with student discount). Delia (my short story teacher) reckoned I could proabbly only get about $30 for it, but the SAA said I could probably get $45, so that's good.
I still have to go and the the battery in my watch replaced. I can afford to now 'cause Nathe and Shaft paid me back for Saturday's shopping.

*Shaft was doing a Computing course at Mt Helen last year, but he quit, and is trying to find a job now.
**The Bach Pad is where I've been living for the last year. Devo, Nathe and Scotty also live there.