This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Sunday, April 13, 2003

Family stopped in for lunch yesterday.

Also, on the subject of Australian Rules Football (which I normally find extremely boring), Brad Fisher, a guy who was in my year at my high school, is now playing for Carlton, and he got two goals Friday night against some other team.

Went bowling after lunch. There were eleven of us playing, so we got two aisles.
I won the first game becasue I was on the aisle with bumpers*. I got 114 I think. And I managed to only hit those stupid bumpers a couple of times. Origianlly I wanted to be on the aisle without bumpers, but there were already six others on that side and there were only four on the other.
The second game I swapped with Dave and went on the no-bumpers aisle. this time I didn't do so good because I was playing against others who were comfortable without bumpers and this time I was trying to hard.

Last night at Dave's farewell party the swollen cyst behind my right ear started bleeding. Got a band-aid for it. It's not so swollen anymore, and isn't sore.

This morning dave got baptised.
After the service I talked to Erin's dad, Marcus a bit. He used to work as a pilot for MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship), same as my grandad, so they knew each other. He's a flight instructor now, and works in Melbourne. Marcus, Julie (Erin's mum) and Trav might have to move to Melbourne soon. Erin wants to stay here in Ballarat. They're probably going to keep their house here, so Erin can stay there, and they can rent the spare rooms out to other students.

*I really don't see the point of bumpers.