This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Friday, April 11, 2003

Here is the story of How I Got Home This Morning:
It was still raining at 5:30, and I was so tired I didn't care about getting staurated, so I decided to walk home through the storm.
At the top of the field I have to cross to get home from here I almost slipped. At the bottom I almost didn't slip.
Next obstacle between me and my home was the drainage ditch, which is was dry and dusty on the way up. Now it was overflowing. I managed to jump over it without slipping once more (not that it would've mattered, I was satumarated already by this stage). Then I stepped into the new channel that'd been formed by the dirtch overflowing. There were another two new streams before I got to the footpath.
I walked past the IBM building and got to Main Road. Crossed Main Road. Got to the service lane. Service lane was flooded. Waded through knee-deep water. Walked rest of way home.
Got four hours sleep.