This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Thursday, January 16, 2003

This morning I went to the bank with Tab, because yesterday I decided to sponsor a kid in Ecuador through Compassion. His name's José.
Unfortunately there was no money in the bank, even though there should've been $203 from Centrelink since yesterday.
About two days before Christmas they'd sent me a letter saying they were going to cut off my Youth Allowance on the 15th of January. Since I was leaving for Warrnambool the day after Boxing Day, I couldn't go to Centrelink myself and find out why they were cutting me off, so I asked my mum to. They told her it was a mistake, and it would be fixed up. Obviously it wasn't. I couldn't go to Centrelink today because of the seminar, so I called my mother and asked her if she could again.
Tab's lent me some money until Centrelink put me back on.

Today we did some stuff on building relationships and being a model of Christ. We spent most of the afternoon just listening to God.
After today's seminar was finished we all went to Nunawading Pool, where we had a barbeque, and went for a swim.
Kevin, one of the guys from Balwyn, went on the Tarzan rope, not realising that the water was about 3m deep. We didn't realise he couldn't swim. The lifeguard used a pole to help him out.

Mum called back and said that now Centrelink won't tell her anything because of privacy!