This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Sunday, February 22, 2004

Creswick: days 2 & 3 + frogging
Creswick: day 2
On Friday afternoon I got a missed call from Andrew. Andrew moved up to Ballarat last weekend, to do the Physical Education course at the uni. Our parents have been friends since my parents moved to Dandenong, before we were born. Since I was out of phone credit I decided to walk to Andrew's place, since it's not too far.
When I got there it turned out he hadn't called me on purpose anyway. His phone had gone off in his pocket. But his housemates were in Melbourne until Saturday, and he had nothing to do. We decided to go out to Creswick again, for a swim at Lake St George.
When we were almost at Lake St George we went past another lake, and Andrew reckoned we should check that one out. But it was all muddy and gross, as I'd expected, so we got back in the car and went to Lake St George.
Lake St George is the best when it's hot, like it was on Friday.

Creswick: day 3
Saturday morning Haydn called me up to see if I wanted to go out to Creswick again to get some more footage of Log Cabin Lodge. This time we got more people: 8. Maggie's family came up to see Maggie and brought pizzas. I invented extreme pizza boxing.

Frogging
Last night we went frogging. Six of us squeezed into Sam from Environmental Science's car and drove out to Balck Dog Creek, in Napoleons, and tried to find some frogs. We could hear the frogs. But we couldn't find them.