This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Since Saturday I've been staying at the university, which is kind of interesting since I'm not really supposed to be there. Last night two people in 'my' unit asked me if I'm an international student, which is kind of funny since I've never left Australia.

Monday was Australia Day, and Janelle's 21st. Janelle's now back from Baghdad via Sydney, so a few of us went to the Lake, ate cake and watched the fireworks. Except John. He was more interested in the photos he was taking of them.
Menawhile, 300 teenagers got drunk. Fights. Arrests. Concern from community. Television news coverage.

Summer school started yesterday. Today it is continuing.

Bad news: The univeristy has banned MSN Messenger, and you can't sign on. But I know there are ways of getting around that...
Also, the university's Internet bill last year was apparently $500 000 because of filesharing, so there's a limit on Internet surfage.