This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Friday, December 19, 2003

Bargains
On Monday I went to Koorong and found a Bible so small you can't read it. Fantatsic! And I also found some Bible-shaped erasers - a must-have for rubbing out any scriptures you don't like.
Today [yesterday really] I went to O-Zone because at Virgin music they were trying to get rid of all their cover-less discs, and Doomie reckoned he'd seen a copy of Pop for $6.95. I couldn't find it, but there are a lot of really good CDs there, and some are less than $5 - thy just have no covers. But if you don't mind that, you should check it out.
After leaving Virgin I went and listened to Rivertribe, where were playing at the entrance to Knox City. It was the second time I'd heard Rivertribe play. The first time was on Sunday afternoon when they supported Ridley (Andrew Kitchen's other band) at the Arboretum in Boronia. This time, though, I didn't get to listen for long, because it started pouring with rain, and they went inside. Jono, who plays dijeridoos and percussion, recognised me from Sunday and we started talking, and he asked me to help them pack up, since the rain didn't look like stopping.
After helping them pack up I went to Collins. Now it seems Collins Booksellers are closing down (proabbly can't compete with Borders) because the shelves are becoming a lot less full and there's 40% off almost everything that's still there. They had Mr Bean's Scrapbook for $10, so I got that (postmodern pop-culture classic that it is), and was extremely pleased to find that the $10 price was before the 40% off, so it only cost me $6. So bargains galore at Collins too, if you like books.