This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

The Matrix Revolutions
Just saw The Matrix Revolutions. If you don't want it spoiled, don't select the white space below. I think it was a lot better than Reloaded. Three things I didn't like:

    The script was still really bad. Even worse than in Reloaded. While Trinity lay dying, I lay falling asleep.

    Trinity's death just seemed stupid. Like it belonged in a spoof ... perhaps The Matrix Recycled.

    It borrowed to much from other sci-fi series: Star Wars, Mad Max, Aliens, Superman.

    I'm pretty sure the Wachowski brothers didn't explain how Neo retained his powers after he left the Matrix. If they did, then they did a pretty poor job of it.

    The main characters (except the Oracle) were still bleak and unlikeable.
Otherwise it was pretty good, and it ended well (unlike Reloaded). Perhaps (once Revolutions is out on DVD) if I watch the two sequels back-to-back I'll like Reloaded more?