This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Saturday, May 17, 2003

Think I've lost my concession card.

Today Dundee was on the bus. He does Fine Art at Camp Street, and goes to Students for Christ. Without me even asking, he told me a Camp Street Secret...
You may only read the following if you promise not to tell anyone else. For this reason it is written in white, so it needs to be selected to be read. So if you don't think you can be trusted, ¡¡DON'T READ IT!!
Dundee showed me some removable panels in the floor of the second-year fine art room, beneath Ylonde's easle. A ladder went down into the dark. Dundee had a torch, so we went down the ladder to ¡¡a secret floor just like in Being John Malkovich!! Dundee flicked a switch, and a flourescent tube-light came on, revealing the size of the room. It's about ten metres wide, thirty long; the ceiling's about five metres high. In one corner of the room, just below the ladder is a dep shaft that goes way down below street level, with all these pipes and wires going down it. In the middle of the floor is a trapdoor that opens up into the ceiling of the art gallery on ground floor of the Old Post Office Building. At the far end of the room is a door which opens up onto insulation. There are powerpoints.
When Dundee, Ylonde, Flip and others I don't know discovered this secret floor it was really dirty, full of dust, but they've swept it out, and want to paint the walls, which're just bare, slightly rough wood. Dundee even mentioned the posibility of a wide screen TV - but probably not surround sound.
Anyway, I think it would be a great idea to have a party in there. Or even live in there.


After photography I caught the train to Melbourne for Alex (my cousin) and Diana's engagement party, which was cool once someone told Alex who I was. Staying the night at my parents' place.