This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Monday, May 12, 2003

Okay, so what has been Going On?

On Saturday night Sarah's parents invited all the young people from the church over for dinner, and to just hang out, so we did - that was good. Hung around outside for a while with the other crazies (Giles, Erin, Al, Hannah), then went inside and listened to some music (Dylan, U2) with Lucas. Then someone (I think it was Sarah's dad, Ian) came in and decided we were watching a Christian film called The Climb. Typical Christian film. Predicatble 'plot'; stereotypical characters. White, patient, understanding, middle-class, Christian guy converts bad-tempered, violent, alcoholic, sex-mad black guy from 'the bad part of town'. I was the only one who thought it was in any way racist.

Afterwards (about 11:30 pm) I went to a party at our next-door neighbour's house.
Most people seem to have this idea that every goth party is an orgy or a séance, but it wasn't really much different to any of the parties I'd go to with my high school friends. And most of the goths I know are really nice people: friendly, non-judgemental, really open. And that's a real achievement, considering what some've them have gone through.

Sunday night I was on vocals at church, and it was real good 'cause we had drums and guitar, which we haven't had for a while.
I have to quit worship team though. To much other stuff.

After church went to Mark, Hananh and Tab's with Flip and watched/bagged Die Hard.

Tab gave us a lift home.
Flip's had to move from Creswick to Sebastopol, because her VW Beetle's* stuffed meaning she can't drive to work. So she's staying with a friend's family in Sebas, and doesn't even have to pay rent. Took us a while to find the place though, because she only moved in yesterday.

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to sort out with the tech people why I can't print stuff, and it turned out I actually have two computer accounts, and have to type in a 25-character username to access the one I can print from. Something to do with the School of Further Ed closing down and me now being part of the School of Behavioural and Social Sciences & Humanities, which I thought I was in to start with.

*A '70s Beetle. Not one of those crappy '90s ones.