This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Sunday, January 05, 2003

At about 1:oo am, by which time I'd gotten about as far as Knox City, Nadine, who was driving past, pulled over and told me to get in. She didn't lecture me or anything, but disagreed with how I'd handled the situation.

Got woken up at about 7:oo am because it's my 19th birthday, and basically the whole day'd been organised for me.
In the morning we had to go to Uncle Phillip and Auntie Wendy's church in Warburton because they were having a farewell service for my cousin Matt because he's joining the Navy, and will have to live on a ship now, meaning they'll lose about a third of their youth.
After that we had to go to Uncle Phillip and Auntie Wendy's for lunch. After lunch I played pool with Psychick (my cousin, Matt's sister), Levi (Psychick's boyfriend) Glenn, Greg, Doomie, Nitsuj (my youngest brother), Kristen (Matt, Psychick, Glenn, Greg and Andrea's cousin*), Amy (Kristen's sister) and Tim (Kristen's brother).
After this we had to go to Uncle John (my mum's twin brother) and Auntie Joyce's house in Panton Hill. We swam in their pool.

*At first this will seem strange because Matt and Psychick aren't siblings of Glenn, Greg and Andrea. What happened was Uncle Ian and Auntie Jenny got married, then Auntie Jenny's sister (Auntie Wendy) married Uncle Ian and my dad's brother (Uncle Phillip. So Andrea, Greg and Glenn are cousins to Matt and Psychick on their mothers and father's side of the family.