This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Saturday, January 04, 2003

This morning we packed everything up and cleaned. I went with Glenn, Greg, and Ian to the shed at the Uniting Church, where the team's stayed up until this year, so do an inventory.

We had lunch at Kermond's Burger Bar. I had a bacon and egg burger and chips.

After lunch we left Warrnambool.
Those of us who were going to Melbourne stopped at a certain fast food franchise in Waurn Ponds. This was the same certain fast food franchise we went to the morning after after Scott's 21st, where Leigh ate ten incredibly greasy hash browns.
Got back to my parents' place about 6:oo pm.

Kevin called at about 6:3o pm, asking if he and Charlie could borrow the operating system disc from my parents' computer again in order to fix Kevin's computer and continue to update their website, It's The Go. I said I'd try to get it to them tomorrow.
After I hung up, my mother told me that the whole day's planned out tomorrow, even though it's my birthday. And I couldn't find the disc anyway.

I got a lift with Nadine to Ewok's house, because it's her 21st. It was a purple party, and the only purple item of clothing I had access to was Greg's cloak from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which Stoz wore as Dr Nasty Person. So I wore that for an hour, until it got to hot.
There were a man and a woman at the party who were getting people to do all this 'drawing energy' out of people, talking about 'asking the universe' for things and saying that when someone prays to Jesus or Mohammed or whoever, it's all the same, they're really just communicating with the universe. Most of the people they were talking to and getting to do this drawing energy out thing were people from my old church, but they weren't saying they disagreed with any of it or that they were Christians. One of them said, 'Hey, I should try that.' I tried to ask them questions, but they kept either ignoring me or pretending they were going to answer my question and then somehow going off and talking about something completely different.
I wasn't feeling comfortable at all, so I left. Then I came back and said to the two New Agers, 'I don't think what yous're talking about's from God, I think it's from Satan.'
'It's fine for you to think that,' said the guy.
'I just want everyone here to know I don't agree with it,' I said.
'Yeah, that's fine for you to think that,' said one of the church people.
And I left once more.