This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Saturday, October 04, 2003

Mmm... I've hardly posted in over a week. Here's what's been going on:

On Saturday morning I played chess with Greg, on the way up to Warranambool SUFM (Scripture Union Family Mission) team meeting in Ballarat with Andrea and Geoff. We got about twenty people at that meeting, so it looks like we'll have a pretty big team this year. Turns out I'm going to be in charge of the teenagers group, with Glenn, Lauren and Jane.

On Sunday morning, Dave and the others from Youth With A Mission came up to Ballarat visit our church. They haven't been back from Nepal and India very long, and it was great to hear about their experiences over there. Andrew reckons I should do a DTS (Discipleship Training School) next year. I don't know ... who does?

After lunch on Monday I caught the train back to Melbourne.

On Tuesday James was on Channel 31.

On Tuesday night, when I had planned to stay up until 6am finishing my Mass Media assignment, which I couldn't 'hand in' after Wednesday, I fell asleep a bit before midnight.
On Wednesday I woke up at 7am and realised I had slept through Free Internet Time and therefore couldn't finish my assignment or e-mail it to my tutor. Thus, I would fail the unit, and the uni would want to 'talk about my options.'
So I called Nadine and asked if I could use the Internet at her parents' place, because they're in South Africa at the moment, and she's housesitting. Actually, she was housesitting at that exact time, she was having a holiday in Wonthaggi. But she told me where the spare key was.
So I walked from my parents' place in Ferntree Gully to Nadine's parents' place in Belgrave. Took about two hours.
By 11:45pm the assignment was about half done. So I sent what I had done to my tutor.
I probably won't have passed the assignment, but hopefully I'll have gotten enough marks to pass on the exam, like I did in Issues in TV last semester.
I didn't really want to start the walk back at midnight, so I fell asleep on the couch and walked back to Ferntree Gully again Thursday morning.

Spent most of Thursday working on a dry pastel piece called Jonah, about the vine. It's from the last chapter of Jonah.

At about 4pm Mum, Dad, Adam and Justin got back from the Gold Coast.

Tonight [last night] I got Jonah finished, and Dad brought the 'new' car home. It's a '79 Mazda, and he got it free from Uncle Robert, who got it free from Auntie Elsie. It's a pretty good car. So now my parents have two cars. Except Doomie seems to think it's his.

Nadine came over for about half an hour.

James came over to shoot a sequence for a short film he's working on at the moment, about a serial killer. I got strangled (but not really) which meant I got to cough up fake blood. Photos soon, hopefully.
Tim thinks I should've gone outside with fake blood all over me and seen how people reacted. But I think they would've reacted by not being around because it was about 11pm and this is suburbia.

Tomorrow morning This morning I'm catching the train to Warrnambool. It's a four hour, twenty minute trip. I'm going there 'cause we're running an information day to try and get people to come on Warranambool SUFM. In the thirty-or-something years SUFM has been running there, there's never been anyone on team actually from Warrnambool, so we decided to do something about it.
And tommo tonight I'm going back to Ballarat with Trav.