This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Thursday, June 12, 2003

Bohemian like you
Just been at Camp St to find out from Flip what's going on with the art auction tonight. Had a look at some of her art, which's been mainly about everyday objects recently. She's done this whole series of drawings of this old purse.
Met this punk guy called Shaun, and had a look at his stuff too. He does kind of Pop Art stuff. He asked me if I was putting anything in the auction, and I had to admit I don't do art anymore. Had a look at what Dundee and Ylonde were doing too.
Being there made me feel real bad about quitting art, wish that I still did it. I've been wanting to get back into it a lot recently, so I'd decided that in the holidays I'm going to get all my sketches back from Melbourne and get some dry pastels (I've still got a can of fixitive) so I can do some art during the holidays. I was talking to Erin on the bus yesterday, and she's said she's been feeling the same way to, and come to the same conclusion.

Yesterday was Flip's birthday, and it was Trish's on the weekend, so a heap of us went out for tea at La Porchetta last night to celebrate. Gave Flip a box of pastels for a present.