This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Last night when I got home there was a letter from Centrelink, saying that my Youth Allowance would be cut from April 26, over a week before because apparently my parents' income was to much. The thing is, their income hasn't changed at all.
They did exactly the same thing to me for about six week, starting Januaray, but that was because my father hadn't done his tax , and when I finally did get him to do it, he lost the tax return, which was the proof I needed of his income so that I could get back on youth allowance. I eventually got it back again.
Anyway, I went in to Centrelink before class this morning, and it turned out that it was all just a mistake on the computer, this time.

As a side note, while I was typing this, the monitor of the computer I was using just made a sizzling sound, and went blank. I gave it a tap, and it came back on.
Dodgey TAFE computers...