This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Eucalypts at Dandenong Ranges National ParkThis afternoon I went up Dandenong Ranges National Park to take some photos for my Fantasy & Spec Fic creative piece, which is going to be on the symbolic role of the forest in fantasy.

On the way back to my parents' place I stopped at Leigh's. I went to high school with Leigh for three years.
He's been doing an IT course, and this semester he's doing practical placement, which is basically just working for an IT company, called Census.

Tonight at about 9:45pm James, Angela and Takashi turned up here and asked if I wanted to go down to O-Zone for coffee.
We met Gaz (Angela's boyfriend, who I hadn't met before) there, ordered coffee and some potato wedges and got a table right in front of the fireplace.
We talked about films, high school, rrromĂ nce and what to do to celebrate James' 19th birthday.
It was kind of different to hanging out with my friends in Ballarat, because there I'm usually the only one who's not mostly Anglo. None of us that went out tonight is mostly Anglo. I'm half Anglo, half Hispanic. James is half Anglo, half Japanese. Angela's half Italian, half Maltese. Takashi's Japanese. Gaz is half Anglo, half Indian.
At about 11:30 we got kicked out of the café, and we decided to go home because Takashi's eyes were starting to hurt from having contact lenses in them all day and he wanted to get home and take them out.
On the way home we talked about Jell's Party, an animation series James wanted to do when we were in year 12, which was mostly based on people and events at our school. Now that he has the resources he's playing with the idea of reviving it. I think with the hindsight he has now it'd be pretty interesting.