This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Last night Sonia came up from Melbourne. She moved there end of last year when she got a job as a nurse, after finishing uni. I don't think she likes it there much. I think she's pretty lonely, because she's come up three times in about the last month-and-a-half.. She hasn't chosen a church to go to because all the people at the churches she's been to are either old or unfriendly, and she's been working six day weeks. She has friends in Melbourne but she hasn't really seen them at all. She reckons she could probably just work all week and not do anything else.

I hate having to go back to my parents' place in Melbourne. Most of my high school friends've moved on and don't keep in contact anymore, and the people at my old church that I used to be friends with won't talk to me anymore because I think New Age isn't the go. I also find that people are generally snobbier and more stressed there, and of course it's not a real nice environment being a Big City. I don't want to go back there when/if I finish uni. If I don't stay in Ballarat I think I'll go overseas.