This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Friday, March 07, 2003

Last night I was late to work because I forgot that, having no money for a full bus fare, I'd have to walk. Will, one of the guys I work with had a go at me because I was about 15 minutes late, but I don't think he likes me anyway. He's always commenting on my clothes or the fact that I do what Terry (our boss) wants and not what he wants. Apparently he's leaving soon anyway, now that Alister's started working with us.

After work I was going to call Heather and Dave (their siblings) and see if one of them could pick me up on the way to the church for membership class, but I didn't need to because Heather drove past me on the way to a public phone. She asked if she could give me a lift wherever I was going, and I said I was going to call her and Dave, et cetera, and then go to KFC or somewhere and get tea. Heather said she was about to go get tea as well, so we went to KFC, waited aboyt 20 minutes for our orders, then went to Tab, Hannah and Mark's place (the manse) to eat.
Only Hannah was home, and she was about to go out to dance lessons*. She said Tab would be home soon, so we ate and waited for Tab. Tab had had swimming lessons. A lot of people in Ballarat don't learn to swim as kids because there aren't any rivers, and the beach is like an hour's drive away.

When I got home after membership class, Devo told me there were about 60 people at the Lounge last night. The lounge is program that Students for Christ is doing in cooperation with Next Generation Youth, to give the uni students on res something to do other than go out and get intoxicated to crappy, manufactured music.
Anyway, 60 people is just amazing, especially since only half were Christians. Apparently there were a heap of guys from the football team and the student association were there, and Devo reckons there pretty popular.

*A whole group of us from the church were doing street Latin dance lessons, but Dave, heather and I had to drop out because of membership lessons.