This is the interesting and exciting blog of Christop - one of the 84 000-or-so people of Ballarat.

Thursday, March 27, 2003

Got the Issues with in TV assignment finished yesterday at lunch time. I went to the library to put some credit on my print account. The librarian (who somehow knew my name) said the system was going a bit slow, so I might have to wait five minutes before I could print. I didn't really mind, because I still had half an hour till Issues with in TV. However, I still couldn't print after half an hour, and I had to go to my lecture.
The lecture was about documentaries, and how documentary conventions are now used in fiction, which affects the way we perceive both documentaries and fiction. We talked about Steve Irwin, Alby Mangles, Bush Mechanics, current affairs shows, Napi San ads, the news broadcasts from Iraq and 'reality' TV.
During the lecture break (two hours after I paid) I tried to print it again, and it still hadn't gone through, so I had to go to the library and get them to print it there.
My credit still hasn't come through.

Spent lunchtime listening to Ali Barber at Live on Lydiard. She sounds a lot like Jewel's stuff from before she started manufacturing pop garbage.